Franklin Township's volunteer board members have:
- Hosted more than 20 years of successful Community Day events
- Created a variety of recreational opportunities for our children
- Kept our township from being overdeveloped by managing growth
- Preserved hundreds of acres of farmland and strengthened our farming community
- Brought in new businesses
- Helped to preserve and improve our natural environment and resources
- Preserved and promoted our history
- Improved communications between government and residents
- Cared for our senior citizens
- Strengthened our library
- And much, much more!
Every November, the Township Committee collects the names of those who are willing to serve on our many boards and committees.
In most cases, meetings are held once each month in the evenings. You'll get to meet other residents who care as much as you do about our quality of life. And you'll have the opportunity to share your ideas to make Franklin Township an even better place to live. To be considered, send a letter or email to the Township Clerk, stating your interest and reasons why you believe you'd be a good addition to the board or committee. Appointments are made in January at the Township Committee's reorganization meeting.
We hope you'll share your love of Franklin Township - and your talents - with us!