The Tax Collector is responsible for billing and collection of all real estate taxes and maintaining all billing records, tax collections, municipal and third party tax liens, and results of tax appeals.
Your tax bill includes:
- County tax
- County open space tax
- District school tax
- Regional school tax
- Local municipal tax
- Municipal open space tax
- Municipal library tax
- Fire District tax
Property taxes are due on:
- February 1st
- May 1st
- August 1st
- November 1st
There is a 10-day grace period. The State of New Jersey does not allow us to use the postmark as proof. Your payment must be received in our office on or before the 10th of each month when taxes are due. If the 10th falls on a weekend or legal holiday, you have until the next day to make your payment. Failure to receive a tax bill does not excuse you from paying taxes or interest on delinquent taxes.
All interest, penalties and fees are applied first, and the remaining balance will be applied to the principal.
You can pay with check, credit card or debit card or have the payment deducted from your bank account through our online payment system. Banks charge a fee for this service, so check the amount your are being charged before you authorize the payment. These convenience fees are charged by the company processing your electronic payments, and are not paid to nor shared with Franklin Township.
Quarterly Tax Reminder
To receive quarterly tax reminders, sign up with the "Notify Me" button below or on the home page. You can choose text, email or both. Your email address will be used only to send you tax reminders.
- 250 Dollar Real Property Tax Deduction Supplemental Income Form (PDF)
- Active Military Service Property Tax Application (PDF)
- Claim for Property Tax Exemption on Dwelling of Disabled Veteran of Surviving Spouse
- Claim for Tax Deduction on House of Qualified Senior Citizen, Disabled Person or Surviving Spouse (PDF)
- Property Tax Deduction Claim by Veteran or Surviving Spouse
- Property Taxpayer Bill of Rights (PDF)
- Supplemental Form for Peacekeeping Missions and Operations (PDF)